Understanding your email settings
You’ll need a few simple things set up before you start sending email messages to your users. To do that, head over to Email Settings section in the app.
- “From” Email Address is the email address you’ll be sending from. It’s also set as the default “reply-to” address.
- “From” Name is the sender name for all your messages. We recommend things like Sparkle.io Team or John at Sparkle.io.
- Footer section will be added to all your emails and contains information about your business and an unsubscribe link.
Setting up your sending domain
By default, we deliver emails using a shared @userlistmail.com domain. However, we recommend to use your own custom sending domain to improve deliverability and ensure that all replies reach your inbox.
To add your own sending domain, head over to Sending Domains section in the app, and follow these steps:
- Add your domain name to the list (e.g. sparkle.io).
- Add a DNS TXT record to your domain using the values you see in the table. When you're done, hit the "Verify" button.
- Once your domain shows as verified, we’ll start using addresses on your domain as sender.
With multiple sender profiles, you can get creative and send messages on behalf of individual team members. For example, you can send:
- a welcome note from your personal email;
- a call invite from another team member;
- most of the emails from your main support address.
You can create additional Sender Profiles in your settings, then select a sender of your choice for each individual message. If you don't choose a particular sender, then we'll use the one currently marked as Default.
What are you doing to ensure good deliverability?
We’re using SparkPost to deliver emails on behalf of our customers. It’s the same service companies like Twitter and Intercom use. All customer accounts are separated into different sub-accounts in SparkPost — should one of our customers misbehave and get blocked by SparkPost, this won’t affect deliverability of other customers.