Welcome to use these materials for your publication. If you need a quote or want to arrange an interview, don't hesitate to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please visit our About Us page for the full list of podcast appearances and interviews.
Userlist is an email automation platform for SaaS companies.
Userlist is an email automation platform for SaaS companies. Unlike other email providers, it meets the challenges of your SaaS business. You can track company-level data, and trigger campaigns based on company-level events. It’s the best way to onboard, engage, and nurture customers and marketing leads.
Jane Portman is the co-founder & CEO of Userlist — an email marketing platform for SaaS companies. She also raises three kids, enjoys scuba diving, and runs two podcast shows: UI Breakfast and Better Done Than Perfect.
Benedikt Deicke is the co-founder & CTO of Userlist — an email marketing platform for SaaS companies. He's a software engineer passionate about web applications and privacy. Benedikt also co-hosts the Slow & Steady podcast, and runs a software conference called FemtoConf.
Userlist was started in 2017 as an alternative to bulky enterprise email marketing tools. Jane & Benedikt used to work on another product together. That first product didn't get traction, but they saw potential for this new “behavior-based messaging tool" for SaaS.
There was also the third marketing co-founder, Claire Suellentrop. She left after one year to focus on her main project, Forget the Funnel. Claire still owns a small part of the company.
- October 2017 — signed a co-founder agreement
- October 2018 — started onboarding first paying customers in closed beta
- August 2019 — launched out of beta to #1 of the Day on Product Hunt
- November 2019 — bought the .com domain
- March 2020 — joined TinySeed, a startup accelerator
- May 2020 — added in-app messages as a new channel
- April 2021 — added company accounts which ended up being our unique feature
- August 2021 — raised a pre-seed round from 22 angel investors
- October 2021 — introduced marketing email in addition to customer lifecycle messages
- January 2023 — launched the new dynamic email composer
Please visit our About Us page to see the full list of team members and their bios.